Adversarial Tradecraft in Cybersecurity
- Paperback: 246 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 14, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801076200
- ISBN-13: 978-1801076203
Adversarial Tradecraft in Cybersecurity: Master cutting-edge techniques and countermeasures to protect your organization from live hackers. Learn how to harness cyber deception in your operations to gain an edge over the competition.
Little has been written about what to do when live hackers are on your system and running amok. Even experienced hackers tend to choke up when they realize the network defender has caught them and is zoning in on their implants in real time. This book will provide tips and tricks all along the kill chain of an attack, showing where hackers can have the upper hand in a live conflict and how defenders can outsmart them in this adversarial game of computer cat and mouse.
This Adversarial Tradecraft in Cybersecurity book contains two subsections in each chapter, specifically focusing on the offensive and defensive teams. It begins by introducing you to adversarial operations and principles of computer conflict where you will explore the core principles of deception, humanity, economy, and more about human-on-human conflicts. Additionally, you will understand everything from planning to setting up infrastructure and tooling that both sides should have in place.
Throughout this book, you will learn how to gain an advantage over opponents by disappearing from what they can detect. You will further understand how to blend in, uncover other actors’ motivations and means, and learn to tamper with them to hinder their ability to detect your presence. Finally, you will learn how to gain an advantage through advanced research and thoughtfully concluding an operation.
- Understand how to implement process injection and how to detect it
- Turn the tables on the offense with active defense
- Disappear on the defender’s system, by tampering with defensive sensors
- Upskill in using deception with your backdoors and countermeasures including honeypots
- Kick someone else from a computer you are on and gain the upper hand
- Adopt a language agnostic approach to become familiar with techniques that can be applied to both the red and blue teams
- Prepare yourself for real-time cybersecurity conflict by using some of the best techniques currently in the industry
By the end of this Adversarial Tradecraft in Cybersecurity book, you will have achieved a solid understanding of cyberattacks from both an attacker’s and a defender’s perspective.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Ice Silk Bed Sheet Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]