AR and VR Using the WebXR API
- Paperback: 352 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 1, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484263170
- ISBN-13: 978-1484263174
AR and VR Using the WebXR API: Learn to Create Immersive Content with WebGL, Three.js, and A-Frame
Gain an in-depth knowledge in immersive web development to create augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) applications inside web browsers using WebXR API, WebGL, Three.js, and A-Frame. This project-based book will provide the practice and portfolio content to make the most of what the futures of spatial computing and immersive technology have to offer.
What You’ll Learn
- Master the creation of virtual reality and augmented reality features for web page
- Prepare to work as an immersive web developer with a portfolio of projects in sought-after technologies
- Review the fundamentals of writing shaders in WebGL
- Experience the unity between client, server, and cloud architecture as it applies to location-based AR
Game engines have become common-place for the creation of mixed reality content. However, developers not interested in learning entirely new workflows may be better suited to work within a medium almost universally open to all the web; AR and VR Using the WebXR API will show you the way.