AWS for System Administrators
- Paperback: 388 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 12, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800201532
- ISBN-13: 978-1800201538
AWS for System Administrators: Take your AWS skills to the next level by learning infrastructure automation techniques using CloudFormation, Terraform, and Boto3
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the most popular and efficient cloud platforms for administering and deploying your applications to make them resilient and robust. AWS for System Administrators will help you to learn several advanced cloud administration concepts for deploying, managing, and operating highly available systems on AWS.
Starting with the fundamentals of identity and access management (IAM) for securing your environment, this book will gradually take you through AWS networking and monitoring tools. As you make your way through the chapters, you’ll get to grips with VPC, EC2, load balancer, Auto Scaling, RDS database, and data management. The book will also show you how to initiate AWS automated backups and store and keep track of log files. Later, you’ll work with AWS APIs and understand how to use them along with CloudFormation, Python Boto3 Script, and Terraform to automate infrastructure.
- Adopt a security-first approach by giving users minimum access using IAM policies
- Build your first Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instance using the AWS CLI, Boto3, and Terraform
- Set up your datacenter in AWS Cloud using VPC
- Scale your application based on demand using Auto Scaling
- Monitor services using CloudWatch and SNS
- Work with centralized logs for analysis (CloudWatch Logs)
- Back up your data using Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Data Lifecycle Manager, and AWS Backup
By the end of this AWS for System Administrators book, you’ll be ready to build your two-tier startup with all the necessary infrastructure, monitoring, and logging components in place.