Azure Data Factory by Example
- Paperback: 360 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (June 10, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484270282
- ISBN-13: 978-1484270288
Azure Data Factory by Example: Practical Implementation for Data Engineers
Data engineers who need to hit the ground running will use this book to build skills in Azure Data Factory v2 (ADF). The tutorial-first approach to ADF taken in this book gets you working from the first chapter, explaining key ideas naturally as you encounter them. From creating your first data factory to building complex, metadata-driven nested pipelines, the book guides you through essential concepts in Microsoft’s cloud-based ETL/ELT platform. It introduces components indispensable for the movement and transformation of data in the cloud. Then it demonstrates the tools necessary to orchestrate, monitor, and manage those components.
What You Will Learn
- Create pipelines, activities, datasets, and linked services
- Build reusable components using variables, parameters, and expressions
- Move data into and around Azure services automatically
- Transform data natively using ADF data flows and Power Query data wrangling
- Master flow-of-control and triggers for tightly orchestrated pipeline execution
- Publish and monitor pipelines easily and with confidence
The hands-on introduction to ADF found in this Azure Data Factory by Example book is equally well-suited to data engineers embracing their first ETL/ELT toolset as it is to seasoned veterans of Microsoft’s SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). The example-driven approach leads you through ADF pipeline construction from the ground up, introducing important ideas and making learning natural and engaging. SSIS users will find concepts with familiar parallels, while ADF-first readers will quickly master those concepts through the book’s steady building up of knowledge in successive chapters. Summaries of key concepts at the end of each chapter provide a ready reference that you can return to again and again.