Beginning Android Games Development, 4th Edition
- Paperback: 381 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 4th edition (September 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1484261208
- ISBN-13: 978-1484261200
Do you have an awesome idea for the next break-through mobile gaming title? This updated Beginning Android Games Development, 4th Edition will help you kick-start your project as it guides you through the process of creating several example game apps using APIs available in Android.
You will learn the basics needed to join the ranks of successful Android game app developers. the book starts with game design fundamentals using Canvas and Android SDK 10 or earlier programming basics. You then will progress toward creating your own basic game engine and playable game apps that work on Android 10 or earlier smartphones and tablets. You take your game through the chapters and topics in the book to learn different tools such as OpenGL ES.
What You Will Learn
- Gain knowledge on the fundamentals of game programming in the context of Android
- Use Android’s APIs for graphics, audio, and user input to reflect those fundamentals
- Develop two 2D games from scratch, based on Canvas API and OpenGL ES
- Create a full-featured 3D game
- Publish your games, get crash reports, and support your users
- Complete your own playable 2D OpenGL games
And you will learn about publishing and marketing your games to monetize your creation.