Data Engineering with Python
- Paperback: 356 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 23, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 183921418X
- ISBN-13: 978-1839214189
Data Engineering with Python: Build, monitor, and manage real-time data pipelines to create data engineering infrastructure efficiently using open-source Apache projects
Data engineering provides the foundation for data science and analytics, and forms an important part of all businesses. This book will help you to explore various tools and methods that are used for understanding the data engineering process using Python.
The Data Engineering with Python book will show you how to tackle challenges commonly faced in different aspects of data engineering. You’ll start with an introduction to the basics of data engineering, along with the technologies and frameworks required to build data pipelines to work with large datasets. You’ll learn how to transform and clean data and perform analytics to get the most out of your data. As you advance, you’ll discover how to work with big data of varying complexity and production databases, and build data pipelines. Using real-world examples, you’ll build architectures on which you’ll learn how to deploy data pipelines.
- Understand how data engineering supports data science workflows
- Discover how to extract data from files and databases and then clean, transform, and enrich it
- Configure processors for handling different file formats as well as both relational and NoSQL databases
- Find out how to implement a data pipeline and dashboard to visualize results
- Use staging and validation to check data before landing in the warehouse
- Build real-time pipelines with staging areas that perform validation and handle failures
- Get to grips with deploying pipelines in the production environment
By the end of this Python book, you’ll have gained a clear understanding of data modeling techniques, and will be able to confidently build data engineering pipelines for tracking data, running quality checks, and making necessary changes in production.