Data Science Projects with Python – Second Edition
- Paperback: 432 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook; 2nd edition (August 10, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800564481
- ISBN-13: 978-1800564480
Data Science Projects with Python, 2nd Edition: Gain hands-on experience in Python programming with industry-standard machine learning tools using pandas, scikit-learn, and XGBoost
If data is the new oil, then machine learning is the drill. As companies gain access to ever-increasing quantities of raw data, the ability to deliver state-of-the-art predictive models that support business decision-making becomes more and more valuable.
In this book, you’ll work on an end-to-end project based around a realistic data set and split up into bite-sized practical exercises. This creates a case-study approach that simulates the working conditions you’ll experience in real-world data science projects.
You’ll learn how to use key Python packages, including pandas, Matplotlib, and scikit-learn, and master the process of data exploration and data processing, before moving on to fitting, evaluating, and tuning algorithms such as regularized logistic regression and random forest.
Now in its second edition, this book will take you through the end-to-end process of exploring data and delivering machine learning models. Updated for 2021, this Data Science Projects with Python, Second Edition includes brand new content on XGBoost, SHAP values, algorithmic fairness, and the ethical concerns of deploying a model in the real world and how to evaluate and monitor machine learning models.
- Load, explore, and process data using the pandas Python package
- Use Matplotlib to create compelling data visualizations
- Implement predictive machine learning models with scikit-learn
- Use lasso and ridge regression to reduce model overfitting
- Evaluate random forest and logistic regression model performance
- Create state-of-the-art models with XGBoost
- Learn to use SHAP values to explain model predictions
- Deliver business insights by presenting clear, convincing conclusions
By the end of this Data Science Projects with Python, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have the skills, understanding, and confidence to build your own machine learning models and gain insights from real data.
[ Exclusive Offer! Order Instant V Face Firming Essential Oil Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon. ]