Demystifying Systems Engineering
- Paperback: 468 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (February 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838985808
- ISBN-13: 978-1838985806
Demystifying Systems Engineering: Get to grips with systems engineering life cycles, processes, best practices, and apply techniques to successfully develop complex systems
Systems engineering helps us to understand, specify, and develop complex systems, and is applied across a wide set of disciplines and to the entire development life cycle. As systems and their associated problems become increasingly complex in this evermore connected world, the need for more rigorous, demonstrable, and repeatable techniques also increases.
Written by Professor Jon Holt – an internationally recognized systems engineering expert – this book provides a blend of technical and business aspects required to develop successful systems. You’ll start with systems engineering basics and understand the complexity, communication, and different stakeholders’ views of the system. The Systems Engineering Demystified book then covers the essential aspects of model-based systems engineering, systems, life cycles, and processes along with techniques to develop systems. Moving on, you’ll explore system models and visualization techniques, focusing on the SysML, and discover how solutions can be defined by developing effective design, verification, and validation techniques. The book concludes by taking you through key management processes and best practice guidelines for effective systems engineering.
- Grasp the three essentials of systems engineering – complexity, communication, and understanding
- Realize successful systems using model-based systems engineering
- Understand the concept of life cycles and how they control the evolution of a system
- Explore processes and related concepts such as activities, stakeholders, and resources
- Discover how needs fit into the systems life cycle and which processes are relevant and how to comply with them
- Find out how design, verification, and validation fit into the life cycle and processes
By the end of this Demystifying Systems Engineering book, you’ll be able to confidently apply modern model-based systems engineering techniques to your own systems and projects.