Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly
- Paperback: 476 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 29, 2022)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1801070970
- ISBN-13: 978-1801070973
Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly: Write an endless runner game for the web in Rust and test, deploy, and debug your 2D game using the WebAssembly toolchain
This book is an easy-to-follow reference to help you develop your own games, teaching you all about game development and how to create an endless runner from scratch. You’ll begin by drawing simple graphics in the browser window, and then learn how to move the main character across the screen. You’ll also create a game loop, a renderer, and more, all written entirely in Rust. After getting simple shapes onto the screen, you’ll scale the challenge by adding sprites, sounds, and user input. As you advance, you’ll discover how to implement a procedurally generated world. Finally, you’ll learn how to keep your Rust code clean and organized so you can continue to implement new features and deploy your app on the web.
- Build and deploy a Rust application to the web using WebAssembly
- Use wasm-bindgen and the Canvas API to draw real-time graphics
- Write a game loop and take keyboard input for dynamic action
- Explore collision detection and create a dynamic character that can jump on and off platforms and fall down holes
- Manage animations using state machines
- Generate levels procedurally for an endless runner
- Load and display sprites and sprite sheets for animations
- Test, refactor, and keep your code clean and maintainable
By the end of this Game Development with Rust and WebAssembly book, you’ll build a 2D game in Rust, deploy it to the web, and be confident enough to start building your own games.
Exclusive Offer! Order Gold Firming Neck Mask, Gold Tightening Neck Mask Now. Get Lowest Price & 60 Day Return Policy. Huge Discounts Available! Bravo Goods Special Offer Expires Soon.