Learn MongoDB 4.x
- Paperback: 610 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1789619386
- ISBN-13: 978-1789619386
Learn MongoDB 4.x: Design, administer, and deploy high-volume and fault-tolerant database applications using MongoDB 4.x
When it comes to managing a high volume of unstructured and non-relational datasets, MongoDB is the defacto database management system (DBMS) for DBAs and data architects. This updated book includes the latest release and covers every feature in MongoDB 4.x, while helping you get hands-on with building a MongoDB database app.
You’ll get to grips with MongoDB 4.x concepts such as indexes, database design, data modeling, authentication, and aggregation. As you progress, you’ll cover tasks such as performing routine operations when developing a dynamic database-driven website. Using examples, you’ll learn how to work with queries and regular database operations. The book will not only guide you through design and implementation, but also help you monitor operations to achieve optimal performance and secure your MongoDB database systems. You’ll also be introduced to advanced techniques such as aggregation, map-reduce, complex queries, and generating ad hoc financial reports on the fly. Later, the book shows you how to work with multiple collections as well as embedded arrays and documents, before finally exploring key topics such as replication, sharding, and security using practical examples.
- Understand how to configure and install MongoDB 4.x
- Build a database-driven website using MongoDB as the backend
- Perform basic database operations and handle complex MongoDB queries
- Develop a successful MongoDB database design for large corporate customers with complex requirements
- Secure MongoDB database systems by establishing role-based access control with X.509 transport-level security
- Optimize reads and writes directed to a replica set or sharded cluster
- Perform essential MongoDB administration tasks
- Maintain database performance through monitoring
By the end of this Learn MongoDB 4.x book, you’ll be well-versed with MongoDB 4.x and be able to perform development and administrative tasks associated with this NoSQL database.