Mastering PostgreSQL 13 – Fourth Edition
- Paperback: 476 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 13, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800567499
- ISBN-13: 978-1800567498
Mastering PostgreSQL 13, 4th Edition: Explore expert techniques such as advanced indexing and high availability to build scalable, reliable, and fault-tolerant database applications using PostgreSQL 13
Thanks to its reliability, robustness, and high performance, PostgreSQL has become one of the most advanced open source databases on the market. This updated fourth edition will help you understand PostgreSQL administration and how to build dynamic database solutions for enterprise apps with the latest release of PostgreSQL, including designing both physical and technical aspects of the system architecture with ease.
Starting with an introduction to the new features in PostgreSQL 13, this book will guide you in building efficient and fault-tolerant PostgreSQL apps. You’ll explore advanced PostgreSQL features, such as logical replication, database clusters, performance tuning, advanced indexing, monitoring, and user management, to manage and maintain your database. You’ll then work with the PostgreSQL optimizer, configure PostgreSQL for high speed, and move from Oracle to PostgreSQL. The Mastering PostgreSQL 13, Fourth Edition book also covers transactions, locking, and indexes, and shows you how to improve performance with query optimization. You’ll also focus on how to manage network security and work with backups and replication while exploring useful PostgreSQL extensions that optimize the performance of large databases.
- Get well versed with advanced SQL functions in PostgreSQL 13
- Get to grips with administrative tasks such as log file management and monitoring
- Work with stored procedures and manage backup and recovery
- Employ replication and failover techniques to reduce data loss
- Perform database migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL with ease
- Replicate PostgreSQL database systems to create backups and scale your database
- Manage and improve server security to protect your data
- Troubleshoot your PostgreSQL instance to find solutions to common and not-so-common problems
By the end of this Mastering PostgreSQL 13, 4th Edition book, you’ll be able to get the most out of your database by executing advanced administrative tasks.