Mastering SAS Programming for Data Warehousing
- Paperback: 494 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 10, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 178953237X
- ISBN-13: 978-1789532371
Mastering SAS Programming for Data Warehousing: Build a strong foundation in SAS data warehousing by understanding data transformation code and policy, data stewardship and management, interconnectivity between SAS and other warehousing products, and print and web reporting
SAS is used for various functions in the development and maintenance of data warehouses, thanks to its reputation of being able to handle ‘big data’. This SAS software book is designed to get you up to speed with SAS and how to implement it effectively in the real world.
This book will help you learn the pros and cons of storing data in SAS. As you progress, you’ll understand how to document and design extract-transform-load (ETL) protocols for SAS processes. Later, you’ll focus on how the use of SAS arrays and macros can help standardize ETL. The book will also help you examine approaches for serving up data using SAS and explore how connecting SAS to other systems can enhance the data warehouse user’s experience.
- Develop efficient ways to manage data input/output (I/O) in SAS
- Create and manage extract, transform, and load (ETL) code in SAS
- Standardize ETL through macro variables, macros, and arrays
- Identify data warehouse users and ensure their needs are met
- Design crosswalk and other variables to serve analyst needs
- Maintain data curation files to improve communication and management
- Use the output delivery system (ODS) for print and web reporting
- Connect other products to SAS to optimize storage and reporting
By the end of this Mastering SAS Programming for Data Warehousing book, you will have a fundamental understanding of the roles SAS can play in a warehouse environment, and be able to choose wisely when designing your data warehousing processes involving SAS.