Mastering Swift 5.3 – Sixth Edition
- Paperback: 418 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 23, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800562152
- ISBN-13: 978-1800562158
Mastering Swift 5.3, 6th Edition: A comprehensive guide for programming enthusiasts who wish to gain a firm command of the fundamentals and advanced Swift concepts
Over the years, Mastering Swift has proven itself among developers as a popular choice for an in-depth and practical guide to the Swift programming language. This Mastering Swift 5.3, Sixth Edition comes with the latest features, an overall revision to align with Swift 5.3, and two new chapters on building swift from source and advanced operators.
From the basics of the language to popular features such as concurrency, generics, and memory management, this in-depth guide will help you develop your expertise and mastery of the language.
As you progress, you will gain practical insights into some of the most sophisticated elements in Swift development, including protocol extensions, error handling, and closures. The book will also show you how to use and apply them in your own projects. In later chapters, you will understand how to use the power of protocol-oriented programming to write flexible and easier-to-manage code in Swift. Finally, you will learn how to add the copy-on-write feature to your custom value types, along with understanding how to avoid memory management issues caused by strong reference cycles.
- Understand core Swift components, such as operators, collections, control flows, and functions
- Identify how and when to use classes, structures, and enumerations
- Use protocol-oriented design with extensions to write easy-to-manage code
- Leverage design patterns with Swift to solve commonly occurring design problems
- Apply copy-on-write for your custom value types to improve performance
- Add concurrency to your applications using Grand Central Dispatch and operation queues
- Implement generics to write flexible and reusable code
By the end of this Mastering Swift 5.3, 6th Edition book, you will have mastered the Swift 5.3 language and developed the skills you need to effectively use its features to build robust applications.