Metabase Up and Running
- Paperback: 332 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (September 30, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800202318
- ISBN-13: 978-1800202313
Metabase Up and Running: Ask questions of your data and gain insights to make better business decisions using the open source business intelligence tool, Metabase
Metabase is an open source business intelligence tool that helps you use data to answer questions about your business. This book will give you a detailed introduction to using Metabase in your organization to get the most value from your data.
You’ll start by installing and setting up Metabase on your local computer. You’ll then progress to handling the administration aspect of Metabase by learning how to configure and deploy Metabase, manage accounts, and execute administrative tasks such as adding users and creating permissions and metadata. Complete with examples and detailed instructions, this book shows you how to create different visualizations, charts, and dashboards to gain insights from your data. As you advance, you’ll learn how to share the results with peers in your organization and cover production-related aspects such as embedding Metabase and auditing performance. Throughout the book, you’ll explore the entire data analytics process – from connecting your data sources, visualizing data, and creating dashboards through to daily reporting.
- Explore different types of databases and find out how to connect them to Metabase
- Deploy and host Metabase securely using Amazon Web Services
- Use Metabase’s user interface to filter and aggregate data on single and multiple tables
- Become a Metabase admin by learning how to add users and create permissions
- Answer critical questions for your organization by using the Notebook editor and writing SQL queries
- Use the search functionality to search through tables, dashboards, and metrics
By the end of this Metabase Up and Running book, you’ll be ready to implement Metabase as an integral tool in your organization.