- Paperback: 496 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (April 13, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1492092304
- ISBN-13: 978-1492092308
Production Kubernetes: Building Successful Application Platforms
Kubernetes has become the dominant container orchestrator, but many organizations that have recently adopted this system are still struggling to run actual production workloads. In this practical book, four software engineers from VMware bring their shared experiences running Kubernetes in production and provide insight on key challenges and best practices.
With this Production Kubernetes book, you will:
- Understand what the path to production looks like when using Kubernetes
- Examine where gaps exist in your current Kubernetes strategy
- Learn Kubernetes’s essential building blocks-and their trade-offs
- Understand what’s involved in making Kubernetes a viable location for applications
- Learn better ways to navigate the cloud native landscape
The brilliance of Kubernetes is how configurable and extensible the system is, from pluggable runtimes to storage integrations. For platform engineers, software developers, infosec, network engineers, storage engineers, and others, this book examines how the path to success with Kubernetes involves a variety of technology, pattern, and abstraction considerations.