Quantum Computing in Practice with Qiskit and IBM Quantum Experience
- Paperback: 408 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (November 23, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1838828443
- ISBN-13: 978-1838828448
Quantum Computing in Practice with Qiskit and IBM Quantum Experience: Understand the nuances of programming traditional quantum computers and solve the challenges of the future while building and executing quantum programs on IBM Quantum hardware and simulators
IBM Quantum Experience is a leading platform for programming quantum computers and implementing quantum solutions directly on the cloud. This book will help you get up to speed with programming quantum computers and provide solutions to the most common problems and challenges.
You’ll start with a high-level overview of IBM Quantum Experience and Qiskit, where you will perform the installation while writing some basic quantum programs. This introduction puts less emphasis on the theoretical framework and more emphasis on recent developments such as Shor’s algorithm and Grover’s algorithm. Next, you’ll delve into Qiskit, a quantum information science toolkit, and its constituent packages such as Terra, Aer, Ignis, and Aqua. You’ll cover these packages in detail, exploring their benefits and use cases. Later, you’ll discover various quantum gates that Qiskit offers and even deconstruct a quantum program with their help, before going on to compare Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum (NISQ) and Universal Fault-Tolerant quantum computing using simulators and actual hardware. Finally, you’ll explore quantum algorithms and understand how they differ from classical algorithms, along with learning how to use pre-packaged algorithms in Qiskit Aqua.
- Visualize a qubit in Python and understand the concept of superposition
- Install a local Qiskit simulator and connect to actual quantum hardware
- Compose quantum programs at the level of circuits using Qiskit Terra
- Compare and contrast Noisy Intermediate-Scale Quantum computing (NISQ) and Universal Fault-Tolerant quantum computing using simulators and IBM Quantum hardware
- Mitigate noise in quantum circuits and systems using Qiskit Ignis
- Understand the difference between classical and quantum algorithms by implementing Grover’s algorithm in Qiskit
By the end of this Quantum Computing in Practice with Qiskit and IBM Quantum Experience book, you’ll be able to build and execute your own quantum programs using IBM Quantum Experience and Qiskit with Python.