Swift 5.3 Cookbook – Second Edition
- Paperback: 500 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (March 9, 2021)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1839211199
- ISBN-13: 978-1839211195
Swift 5.3 Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Discover code-rich recipes ideal for developers new to Swift and those looking to explore the latest features of Swift 5.3
Swift is an exciting, multi-platform, general-purpose programming language, and this book will help you explore the features of its latest version, Swift 5.3.
The Swift 5.3 Cookbook, Second Edition book begins with an introduction to the basic building blocks of Swift 5.3, its syntax, and the functionalities of Swift constructs. You’ll then discover how Swift Playgrounds provide an ideal platform to write, execute, and debug your Swift code. As you advance through the chapters, the book will show you how to bundle variables into tuples or sets, order your data with an array, store key-value pairs with dictionaries, and use property observers. You’ll also get to grips with the decision-making and control structures in Swift, examine advanced features such as generics and operators, and explore functionalities outside of the standard library. Once you’ve learned how to build iOS applications using UIKit, you’ll find out how to use Swift for server-side programming, run Swift on Linux, and investigate Vapor. Finally, you’ll discover some of the newest features of Swift 5.3 using SwiftUI and Combine to build adaptive and reactive applications, and find out how to use Swift to build and integrate machine learning models along with Apple’s Vision Framework.
- Explore basic to advanced concepts in Swift 5.3 programming
- Understand conditional statements, loops, and how to handle errors in Swift
- Define flexible classes and structs using generics
- Use advanced operators and create custom ones
- Build iOS apps using the powerful features of UIKit or the new SwiftUI framework
- Import your own custom functionality into Swift Playgrounds
- Run Swift on Linux and investigate server-side programming with the server-side framework Vapor
By the end of the Swift 5.3 Cookbook, 2nd Edition book, you’ll have discovered direct solutions that will help you become productive while developing code using Swift 5.3.