- Paperback: 410 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (December 11, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 183921466X
- ISBN-13: 978-1839214660
SwiftUI Projects: Learn SwiftUI by designing and building complex user interfaces for watchOS, iPadOS, and iOS with the help of projects including a financial app, a sports news app, and a POS system
Released by Apple during WWDC 2019, SwiftUI provides an innovative and exceptionally simple way to build user interfaces for all Apple platforms with the power of Swift.
This practical guide involves six real-world projects built from scratch, with two projects each for iPhone, iPad, and watchOS, built using Swift programming and Xcode. Starting with the basics of SwiftUI, you’ll gradually delve into building these projects. You’ll learn the fundamental concepts of SwiftUI by working with views, layouts, and dynamic types. This SwiftUI book will also help you get hands-on with declarative programming for building apps that can run on multiple platforms. Throughout the book, you’ll work on a chart app (watchOS), NBA draft app (watchOS), financial app (iPhone), Tesla form app (iPhone), sports news app (iPad), and shoe point-of-sale system (iPad), which will enable you to understand the core elements of a SwiftUI project.
- Understand the basics of SwiftUI by building an app with watchOS
- Work with UI elements such as text, lists, and buttons
- Create a video player in UIKit and import it into SwiftUI
- Discover how to leverage an API and parse JSON in your app using Combine
- Structure your app to use Combine and state-driven features
- Create flexible layouts on iPad
By the end of the SwiftUI Projects book, you’ll have built fully functional projects for multiple platforms and gained the knowledge required to become a professional SwiftUI developer.