- Paperback: 366 pages
- Publisher: WOW! eBook (October 15, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1800207557
- ISBN-13: 978-1800207554
Terraform Cookbook: Manage and scale your infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and share Terraform code with modules and integrate it in CI/CD pipeline: Get up and running with the latest version of Terraform, v0.13
HashiCorp Configuration Language (HCL) has changed how we define and provision a data center infrastructure with the launch of Terraform – one of the most popular and powerful products for building Infrastructure as Code. This practical guide will show you how to leverage HashiCorp’s Terraform tool to manage a complex infrastructure with ease.
Starting with recipes for setting up the environment, this book will gradually guide you in configuring, provisioning, collaborating, and building a multi-environment architecture. Unlike other books, you’ll also be able to explore recipes with real-world examples to provision your Azure infrastructure with Terraform. Once you’ve covered topics such as Azure Template, Azure CLI, Terraform configuration, and Terragrunt, you’ll delve into manual and automated testing with Terraform configurations. The next set of chapters will show you how to manage a balanced and efficient infrastructure and create reusable infrastructure with Terraform modules. Finally, you’ll explore the latest DevOps trends such as continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) and zero-downtime deployments.
- Understand how to install Terraform for local development
- Get to grips with writing Terraform configuration for infrastructure provisioning
- Use Terraform for advanced infrastructure use cases
- Understand how to write and use Terraform modules
- Discover how to use Terraform for Azure infrastructure provisioning
- Become well-versed in testing Terraform configuration
- Execute Terraform configuration in CI/CD pipelines
- Explore how to use Terraform Cloud
By the end of this Terraform Cookbook book, you’ll have developed the skills you need to get the most value out of Terraform and manage your infrastructure effectively.